Here we have some impressive facts:
1. Our oceans cover more than 70% of the Earth’s surface🧊
2. The majority of life on Earth is aquatic
3. Less than 5% of the planet’s oceans have been explored
4. The world’s longest mountain chain is underwater(the Mid-Ocean Ridge)
7. Over 70% of our planet’s oxygen is produced by the ocean
But away from Positive facts nowadays we face a catastrophic #Marinepollution mostly cz of chemicals and trash.
Did you know that 80% of trash in the ocean is from land-based sources, including individuals, industry and improper waste management. Only 20% is the result of ocean-based sources, such as the fishing, shipping, etc. And There’s enough plastic in the ocean to circle the Earth 400 times!!!
Here are 8 lifestyle choices that you should involve into your life today:
2. REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT. Turn off the lights when you leave a room, put on a sweater in the winter instead of turning up your thermostat, etc.
3. AVOID OCEAN-HARMING PRODUCTS. As cosmetics that contain shark squalene, jewelry made of coral or sea turtle shell, souvenir shells, etc.
4. EAT SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD. When shopping or dining out, help reduce the demand for overexploited species by choosing seafood that is both healthful and #sustainable.
7. EXPLORE THE OCEANS “People protect what they love.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
8. JOIN SPECIFIC Organizations. For example @oceana
We all have an opportunity today to adopt changes for healthier ocean, healthier planet and healthier us